Lifetime memberships are awarded to ADCA members that have been breeding Dexters for many years, have served the ADCA membership faithfully, have exhibited a passion for the preservation of the breed, and have stewarded their own herds with excellence. We are grateful for their service to our Dexter community and appreciate the wisdom, patience, and practical help they have offered other Dexter owners throughout the years.
ADCA Lifetime Members:
- 1993 Mabel Ingalls – Clove brook Farm
- 2003 Marvin Johnson – Smiling Johnson Dexter HDQTRS
- 2003 John and Belle Hays – Talisman Herd
- 2014 David Jones – Bar None’s Dexters
- 2014 Pam Malcuit – Morning Star Ranch
- 2014 Lee and Roberta Wieringa – Wieringa Dexter Farm
- 2014 Pat and Linda Mitchell – Shamrock Acres
- 2019 John Potter – Spruce Grove Farm
- 2019 Sandra Thomas – Thomas’ Dexters
- 2019 Jim and Linda Smith – Whistle Ranch
- 2019 Carol Ann Traynor – Hi-Country Achers Farm
The ADCA Talisman Farm Award is given in memory of John Hays of the Talisman Herd. An attorney and accomplished musician, John and his wife Belle purchased their first Dexters in 1974. John was integral in the reorganization of the “American Kerry and Dexter Club” into the American Dexter Cattle Association in 1978, writing the original Articles of Incorporation and By-Laws. John also acted as a Regional Director for the Pacific Region. In 2004, Before John’s passing, he and Belle wrote the 4th Edition of Dexter Cattle. Belle presented this book to the association in memory of her husband.
John and Belle were strong supporters of black, horned Dexters and have 78 cattle registered in the ADCA national pedigree database. Both John and Belle were awarded honorary lifetime memberships in the ADCA and will always be remembered for their passionate service to our community and to the preservation of this special cattle breed.
The Talisman Farm Award is presented annually at the ADCA National Dexter Expo. It recognizes the ADCA Dexter family, couple, or individual that stewards an exemplary herd of Irish Dexter Cattle with honesty, integrity, and faithfulness. It includes recognition at the Expo, an award plaque, and recognition in the ADCA Bulletin.
Click here to view the nomination form.
ADCA Talisman Farm Award Winners:
- 2022 Barb and Chuck Netti
- 2021 Pat and Linda Mitchell
- 2020 Norman and Mary Hoover
- 2019 Vicki Jones
- 2018 Jim & Peggy Woehl
- 2017 Debra Hawkins
- 2016 Rick Seydel
- 2015 Jim Smith
- 2014 Pam Malcuit
- 2013 Charles Townson
- 2012 Sandi Thomas
- 2011 Marvin Johnson
- 2010 Sally Coad
- 2009 Peerless Herd
- 2008 Marcia Read
- 2007 Carol Davidson
- 2006 Diane Mills-Frank
The Chuck Daggett Good Citizen award is given in honor of Chuck Daggett, former ADCA Registrar and Webmaster. Chuck started the Daggett’s Dexters herd in 1997. He became an active member of the ADCA, serving as Regional Director for Region 13 in 2003. In 2004, when a sudden split occurred in the ADCA at the AGM in Pennsylvania, Chuck volunteered to take on the task of Registrar and Webmaster. Since the association was left without past records or pedigrees from the old registry, Chuck worked many hours to reconstitute our historic pedigrees and rebuild the ADCA registry into the most up to date, most accurate record of pure-bred Dexter Cattle in the nation. The hours he spent on the phone and writing emails to help Dexter owners with questions about registration, transfer, and stewardship of their herds were characteristic of his generosity to our community.
Chuck continued his work as Registrar and Webmaster until his passing in 2012. Chuck lived his life as a good citizen in his city, with his family, at his church, and especially in the Dexter cattle community. He was a true gentleman, always giving “above and beyond” to any who needed his help. He was a faithful educator to new Dexter owners, a true advocate for Dexter cattle, and a good, honest friend to all that knew him. His faithful service to the association during a pivotal period of our growth and his generous spirit toward all ADCA members will never be forgotten.
The Chuck Daggett Good Citizen Award is presented annually at the ADCA National Dexter Expo. This award recognizes an ADCA member that demonstrates exceptional herdsmanship in the care of their Dexters, treats both ADCA members and prospective members fairly and honestly, eagerly promotes the Dexter breed, is known for educating fellow Dexter owners, willingly aids Dexter owners in need of help, gladly helps prospective Dexter owners who want to learn more about the breed, and exemplifies a “Good Citizen” in society as well as in the Dexter community. The award includes a plaque, one year free Dexter Farm Advertisement on the ADCA website, and recognition in the ADCA bulletin.
Click here to view the nomination form.
Chuck Daggett Good Citizen Award Winners:
- 2022 Don Giles
- 2021 Don & Sheila Farris
- 2020 Jennifer Wolf and Sean Silverman
- 2019 Santiago Lizarraga
- 2018 Patti Adams
- 2017 David Jones
- 2016 Chris and Vicki Jones
- 2015 none
- 2014 Rick Seydel
Our youth are the future of our association and our hope of preserving the Dexter cattle breed. The ADCA Christ Odom Youth Awards are given in memory of Chris Odom, of Block Creek Ranch. It honors his work in the ADCA, his service to the Dexter community, and especially his faithfulness to encourage and support our ADCA youth. Mr. Odom passed away in 2006 while serving as Vice President of the ADCA. His contribution to the association, our youth, and the Dexter breed will be remembered warmly.
This award is presented annually at the ADCA National Dexter Expo. It recognizes the ADCA youth that exhibit an exceptional work ethic, a commendable knowledge of the breed, and a passion to promote the preservation and proper stewardship of Irish Dexter cattle. Each applicant must complete a Chris Odom Award Application that includes a quiz, an essay, and a list of Dexter-related activities the youth has participated in. The applications are graded by a team of ADCA Odom Award judges. The award includes recognition at the Expo, an award plaque, recognition in the ADCA Bulletin, and a financial award of $500 to the Junior Division winner and $1,000 to the Senior Division winner.
ADCA Chris Odom Award Winners:
- 2022 Senior: Danielle Edgington / Junior: Hudson Louderback
- 2021 Senior: Erin Claire Chambers / Junior: Danielle Edgington
- 2020 Senior: Makenna Hoover / Junior: Gloria Dooley
- 2019 Senior: Nathan Lizarraga | Junior: Mackennah Spatz
- 2018 Senior: Fiona Delanie | Junior: Ava White
- 2017 Senior: Britni Steward | Junior: Louderback
- 2016 Senior: Michael Hawkins | Junior: Erin Chambers
- 2015 Senior: Arianna Carriveau | Junior: Delaney Corter
- 2014 Senior: Jordan DeLaSalle | Junior: Alex Gann
- 2013 Senior: Emilee Trost | Junior: Kylee Morgan
- 2012 Senior: Abigail Metallo | Junior: Michael Cuevas
- 2011 Senior: Jacob DeLaSalle | Junior: Jacob Young
- 2010 Senior: Josh Hall | Junior: Jackson Neal
- 2009 Senior: Lewis Jackson | Junior: Danielle Hawkins
- 2008 Senior: Lindsey Edwards | Junior: Kyle Wilson Junior Winner